Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_2_] ChairMan[_2_] is offline

Default gloves for lacquer thinner

On 9/6/2011 7:08 AM, HeyBub wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:

Why do you think you need hand protection for lacquer thinner?

http://www.dosha.org/msds/Lacquer%20Thinner.pdf

Okay, that says lacquer thinner is "irritating to... skin."

So is a mosquito.

I use lacquer thinner to wash paint off my hands. I've been dipping
my hands in lacquer thinner off and on for 50 years. I got it in my
eyes, but never drank or inhaled it. Well, might have inhaled a few
gallons painting cars and such.

I do note that this product is known to cause reproductive toxicity
in California, which is not a bad thing.

Amen to that.

yup. the world has turned into a bunch of pussiesg
I've used lacquer thinner, acetone, etc for years with no
gloves.....guess i"m gonna die