Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Mattress frames

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 06:11:21 -0400, Jim wrote:

After 30 years of being a waterbed user I feel the time has come
to make a change. Number one on the list is a memory foam bed
likely from Costco.

The basic support for these mattresses calls for solid and flat,
which suggests that a waterbed frame should do just fine. But at
least one website claimed otherwise.

Has anyone here transformed a hard side wooden waterbed frame for
use with a memory foam mattress?

Not I. But just as a data point. We got the memory foam set &
the springs that came with it are very much like a regular set of bed
springs.

And BTW-- I love the mattress. We've had ours for 4-5 years now.

It's been 20 since we had the waterbed & every once in a while, on a
cold winter night, I miss it just a tiny bit. But the memory foam
is the most comfortable I've ever experienced. [and my bones and
muscles are older now than they were for the others.g]

Jim