Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics
Canuck57 Canuck57 is offline

Default Don't buy used GM cars - no warranty anymore

On 05/09/2011 6:57 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 15:51:55 -0400,
wrote:

Here's another aspect of the shocking way our corrupt politicians helped
"save" GM:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033461_Ge...ankruptcy.html

Good reason not to buy new ones, either, just to punish them. And "fire"
all incumbents, next election.

You obviously didn't read the article. The new GM is not trying to
get out of the warranties. What they are doing is saying they are not
responsible to defend lawsuits against the OLD company. They ARE
saying that they will stand behind the EXPRESS written provisions of
the old companies warranties. Of course, the ambulance chasing
lawyers don't like it.

Just bull****. Fact is people go to GM in the cities they live and have
problems. That would be GM.new. Consumers don't give a crap about
GM.old and GM.new, that is just political bull**** as it says GM on the
warranty.

What is really happening is GM.new is trying to deny claims, hoping for
$2000 they don't find a good one and lawyer up. I wonder how many are
quietly getting screwed over?

Here is one for ya. I know someone in the business. The latest scam is
to charge the customer saying it isn't covered. If they just pay, then
the dealer submits it to the auto head office for reimbursement, getting
the double dip.

It is just another reason not to deal with GM and other corrupt
CAW/UAW/auto companies.
--
If it is all Bush's fault, then how come Obama is doing much more of the
same and expecting different results?