Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default gloves for lacquer thinner

On Sep 5, 6:01*am, Don Wiss wrote:
I bought a gallon copper pitcher on eBay. It had been lacquered, and it was
tarnishing under the lacquer. The item is a bit big to boil off the
lacquer, plus I don't know what the baking soda will do to the tin lining..
So I figured I'd simply use lacquer thinner. There being a bit of area
needing to be cleaned I figured I'd stop at my Lowes and buy some gloves.
The problem is none of the gloves they sell are recommended for lacquer
thinner!

Back at home on the web I learn that laminate gloves are the only type for
lacquer thinner and that they can only be bought in packs of 10 gloves for
$46-100! All I need in one glove.

What are my options here for hand protection?

Don.http://paleodiet.com/definition.htm(e-mail link at page bottom).

The poly-ethylene gloves should work fine with solvents. (Cheap
medical type) Maybe doubled, because they're thin.