Posted to uk.d-i-y
Devany[_4_] Devany[_4_] is offline

Default Woodlice problem

On 05/09/2011 20:55, Adam Funk wrote:
On 2011-09-05, Phil L wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article
,
alec writes:
Hi

I keep finding dead woodlice around the edges my living room carpet,
as well as the occasional one scurrying across the carpet. For the
life of me I can=92t find where they are coming from, so I can stop
them. There are no obvious signs of damp which I believe they like.
Is there anything available to track their entry point?

They live off damp rotting wood (but they don't make wood rot).
I would be checking for any damp rotting woodwork inside the
house.

And they are also known as grammerzows, cheeselogs, coffin cutters, monkey
peas and my favourite, chiggy pigs

Also "pill bugs" and "roly-polies" (not sure about the spelling).

They're supposed to be good to eat too, being the ony terrestrial
member of the shrimp family, although I haven't tried them.

Slaters

I ate one once ('at age 3).