Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Saving a Vinyl Window?

On Sep 5, 11:18*am, WandererFan wrote:
I have a problem with a vinyl horizontal slider window set in a
basement wall. *Neither sash will slide more than an inch or two.
There is a definite hump in the lower frame rail that binds the
sashes. *I have access to the indoor face of the window due to a
remodelling project.

If I dig out the excess foam under the window, is the frame likely to
straighten out? *The window is about 10 years old - will the vinyl
have taken a permanent "set" by now?

I'd rather not replace the window as I don't plan on being in this
house much longer. *Could just leave it for the next guy I suppose,
but then it would just be one more thing for the inspector to write up
at sale time.

Suggestions and/or sympathy appreciated.

You could put a screw in the track to pull it straight if you can find
a place to put the screw where it is not a problem.

Jimmie