Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics
harry harry is offline

Default Don't buy used GM cars - no warranty anymore

On Sep 5, 3:21*pm, George wrote:
On 9/5/2011 8:50 AM, aemeijers wrote:

On 9/5/2011 2:34 AM, harry wrote:
On Sep 4, 11:12 pm, wrote:
On 9/4/2011 3:59 PM, The PHANTOM wrote:

On Sep 4, 2:51 pm, wrote:
Here's another aspect of the shocking way our corrupt politicians
helped
"save" GM:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033461_Ge...ankruptcy.html

Good reason not to buy new ones, either, just to punish them. And
"fire"
all incumbents, next election.

BUT WAIT !!! Chairman O'Bama said the he(the taxpayer) would cover GM
warranty repairs !! WTF happened?? Just words,just speeches???

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/903309977

U.S. will guarantee GM, Chrysler warranties, Obama says

Related Articles

Remember this day in GM history: The next century of automotive
success starts now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----

Chrysler's survival boils down to a deal with Fiat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----

DOWNSHIFT: Obama hands Rick Wagoner a pink slip

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----

Chrysler statement from Chairman and CEO Bob Nardelli

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----

GM statement on auto industry restructuring

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-----

General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner out, replaced by COO Fritz Henderson

In a bid to boost flagging auto sales, the federal government will pay
for any warranty repairs on a General Motors or Chrysler vehicle if
either company can't because of financial problems or a bankruptcy
filing, President Barack Obama said on Monday.

"Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler
or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and
repaired just like always," Obama said in a speech. "Your warranty
will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because
starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty."

GM and Chrysler are at a high risk of bankruptcy as they face some of
the lowest U.S. sales rates in 27 years, analysts have said. The
government on Monday took several actions to help shore up the two
automakers after forcing the resignation of GM CEO Rick Wagoner

Read
mohttp://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...#ixzz1X12FnipR

Lying sack of **** !!!

If I was one of the many retirees who ended up eating a lot of stock in
the 'old' GM, it'd be a cold day in hell before they ever saw a penny
from me in their dealerships. While that doesn't apply to me personally,
there are only a few of their current offerings I find even slightly
interesting, engineering or styling-wise. Most of them simply look
bizarre, and the ones that don't mostly look like affected retro
designs- ie the Camaro, a 'Hot Wheels' take on what was a nice clean
design in 1967. (In fairness, not that impressed with the Dodge and Ford
retro-rods either. The Dodge looks stoned. Ford is real irritating- the
first 'retro' Mustang looked okay, an homage to the '65. The newer
version looks bloated to my eyes.)

Side rant- enough already with the high-beltline chopped-top look on
most new cars. It is ugly, and when you are inside, you feel like you
are in a bathtub. And don't get me started on the silly-ass wrap-around
cat-eye headlight buckets. If there isn't a light source behind that
area of plastic, it serves no purpose other than driving up replacement
cost.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Seen the light then? Brits have known all this for decades about
American cars.

Get a clue, Harry- ALL the manufacturers have succumbed to the current
silly-ass styling fads, and their cars all look alike.

Its actually pretty difficult to even tell the manufacturer of a car
when you are driving down the road because of that. Of course harry just
loves to bash the US for no apparent reason so he never misses a chance
even if he just makes himself look even sillier.- Hide quoted text -

With cars like this it's not difficult.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MAFxbpNh20

What an abortion!