Posted to uk.d-i-y
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default scrapping an old pedal organ

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:52:55 +0100, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

scrapping an old pedal organ
like one of thousands that used to be in chapels- is anything worth
saving?

Maybe converting it into a bookshelf?

I think our ancient upright piano's destined to become a drinks cabinet -
I can't be arsed with the hours and expense it'd need to make it playable
again. The cast frame inside is a beautiful piece of work though, so I'll
keep that and hang it on a wall somewhere.

cheers

Jules

Organ, It may be worth selling individual parts, I would check on ebay
before you do anything.
I suspect there are less organs then pianos so may be worth £s as individual
parts.

Piano, They weigh a ton I gave mine away free (collection only) to save me
trying to dump it
ok if you play piano, other than that its a big/heavy peice of furniture.