Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Levie Jim Levie is offline

Default Included angle of drywall screw head?

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 14:51:07 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"Jim Levie" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 18:09:36 -0400, "Existential Angst"

My choice in screws for this application would be what I call "cabinet
screws" They have a conventional countersink head, a straight shank,
and fairly deep threads. The screws are meant for use with wood or
particle board and thus have threads deeper than a wood screw, but a
bit less than a true particle board screw. Unlike sheetrock screws
they aren't brittle.

Bingo! Dats what I had gotten!! Couldn't remember.
NOW to see if I can find them.....

Indeed, a sturdier screw, not so brittle.

McFeely's