Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_3_] Rick Hughes[_3_] is offline

Default Solar power in fifty years?

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
. uk...
On 02/09/2011 21:58, Gib Bogle wrote:
On 3/09/2011 8:10 a.m., geoff wrote:
In message
,
harry writes
http://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/ne...ons_share_of_w
orlds_energy_in_just_50_years_5478/

A "No news today" filler type of article

no mention of fusion, which, hopefully should have been cracked by then

Hopefully, or hypefully?

Hopefully.

The oil won't run out, but it'll become damned expensive. Solar, wind and
tide can't cope with our ever growing population. Fission is no more than
a short term fix; it's dirty, and the fuel supply is ultimately limited.

There are two cases; the population collapses, or we get a better energy
source. I have a nasty feeling it'll be the former, it won't be by
abstinence, and my kids will have a very unpleasant retirement.

If it's just keeping warm that's crucial as EB put it "Being cold is just
Gods way of telling you to burn more Catholics"