Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Window Film Removal

On 9/4/2011 12:03 PM, Dottie wrote:
On Sep 3, 9:51 pm,
wrote:
On Sep 3, 9:33 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
My dad bought a bottle of that orange citrus remover, and
really loved it. Bought me a bottle, also. I havn't tried it
on anything. Perhaps one day soon.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
wrote in message
net...
On 9/3/2011 9:39 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I doubt rubbing alcohol will work. Probably a more
petroleum
based adhesive. Be interesting to hear, if it does.
I was thinking Goop Off (or similar citrus based product)
might work.

Id try going to some of the window film manufacturer's
websites and seeing how they recommend removing it.

The rubbing alcohol worked better than Goof Off! We took a razor
blade and alcohol and got it off....but it was a very thin layer. I
think it had sort of deteriorated with the hot sun. Someone else told
me that she hired some people to re-do hers -- and they used steel
wool to take off the old stuff. Said it didn't hurt the glass at
all ... when I start on the other window I may try that. Thanks for
the help.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. Rarely happens. BTW: Steel
wool comes in several different grits so to say "steel wool" will not
hurt glass is questionable.

What are you using to block sunlight now?