Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Tilex: does it lose its power after time?

On 9/4/2011 11:29 AM, George wrote:
On 9/4/2011 11:51 AM, Kalmia wrote:
I applied a good amount to a mildew situation in the shower. The next
day -- nada. The Tilex WAS a few years old. I guess it pays to buy
it in small quantities.

What's a fairly safe way to dispose of it?

Thanks.

Tilex is pretty much just dilute chlorine which is unstable and will
weaken as you described. Just dump it and add some chlorine bleach and
water to the spray bottle and get the same results.

That's pretty much true. I don't know the exact ingredients but Clorox
say it's bleach and detergent which is the same thing that gets dumped
in the drain in mass quantities daily. Another thing is, if the product
is used as intended that's where it's going eventually anyway.