mttt

Default Newbie question - width of glue-up pieces to make table top

"Jim Helfer" wrote in message

Tonight I start building the "Limbert Tabourette" featured in 11/03
Pop. Woodworking.

Have fun. I just finished up mine last weekend. Was an enjoyable little
project, for me.

cut the boards for maximum happiness with regard to strength and

appearance.

Dunno how strength plays into this - but I doubt it's much of a factor.
Appearance (and convenience) were my two big drivers. My table top was 3
pieces of stock about 6 1/2" wide. My bottom shelf was from two pieces.

This piece will be made of plain-sawn red oak (not the more

So was mine - except for the top. I "splurged" on QSWO for the top.

My finish was a "walnut-is" aniline dye then several coats of Arm-OR-Seal
semi-gloss.

Those "captured joints" (not sure what the correct name for them) gave me
some trouble. I had to finesse the fit on them several times before I had
all four legs snug and level.