Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for good car inverter

I think the idiot is you.

Car batteries are designed to provide high amperage current
for a very brief moment, to start the engine. They are not
designed to provide deep discharge power, to charge other
batteries.

Go ahead, cut off the noise maker. Just don't complain when
you have a dead auto battery. And when your auto battery
needs to be replaced sooner than the rating.

Please post a link to the Ebay listing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 05:35:44 -0700 (PDT), deadgoose

I have a B&D 300w inverter from Walmart, and I hate the damn
thing. I
just got it to power and recharge my laptop when I am on the
road.
Wehn I park at a WIFI spot, and the battery in the laptop is
weak, I
can stay online in my car and plug in the inverter. It
works fine,
the problem is that as soon as I turn on the dome light in
the car, or
much anything else, or even if nothing else is turned on in
the car,
after an hour or so the ****er starts a very annoying alarm
sound. I
guess the car battery has to be 100% fully charged or the
damn alarm
starts. It's loud and obnoxious. I'm forced to keep the
car running
to stop the noise.

What really gets me, is that the damn alarm is just wasting
more
power. I tried to open the inverter to snip the wires to
the alarm
buzzer, but it's so well buried that I'd have to unsolder
the cord and
input terminals and rip the whole thing apart to get to the
alarm, or
smash the case. I just put the screws back and plan to sell
the ****er
on ebay as soon as I get another one. Which will NOT be a
B&D brand.

In the meantime putting a thick winter coat or pillow over
it shuts it
up to a tolerable level, but then it gets hot.

Why couldn't they just have put a flashing led on it or
something?
Idiot technology!