Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Window Film Removal

Dottie wrote:
Several years ago we put the window film on our windows to help block
the sunlight. It gradually faded out and has gotten scratched in
several places. Today we started trying to take it off using a razor
blade scraper -- it's slow and not too effective. Do any of you have
any suggestions about an easier and faster way. Is there anything we
get to wash it with? It feels sticky? Thanks.

Peel it first...get under a corner and work it up until you can grip and
pull it off. For the glue residue, lacquer thinner removes it easily. So
do various citrus based cleaners and they don't evaporate as rapidly. Won't
go *BOOM* either.

If for some reason you can't peel it, wet with water with some ammonia and
let sit a while. The hair dryer thing should work too.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...