Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Drain trace heating

"Dean Heighington" wrote in message

Sorry Chris. Condensate drains are notorious for freezing up and yours
should defo not be going into a soakaway, along with the basin waste...
Not
100% on laws but am sure it's fineable offence. I can only suggest that
you
lag the pipe with foam lagging and then perhaps larger diameter around
that
and then cloth round that and deal with freezing on an as it happens basis
with a hairdryer. Perhaps this winter won't be as severe! Not what you
want
to hear I'm sure but you really should be looking at alternative route to
sewer drain.

While it may not be legal to drain the basin into a soakaway you can drain
the condensate into one.
If you are feeling "green" you can always use limestone gravel and watch it
dissolve as it neutralizes the acid in the condensate.