Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Anchoring an existing shed to a concrete slab

On Sep 2, 11:58*pm, Bill Bushnell wrote:
I've got an existing 10'x12' shed sitting on a 4" thick slab of slightly larger
dimensions. *I'd like to anchor the shed to the slab without moving or raising
the shed.

The shed sits on several columns of pressure-treated 4x4's that are in mostly
good shape. *These 4x4's only lie beneath the shed floor and do not extend beyond
the exterior wall.

See the drawing at the link below:http://bit.ly/rf7o83

I've been looking for a bracket (e.g. Simpson) that looks like the one I've drawn
in the link above that can be used to anchor the ends of the 4x4's to the slab. *
I cannot find one of these in the Simpson catalog. *Does anyone know where I can
find something like this or similar?

Thanks.

--
Bill Bushnellhttp://mrbill.homeip.net/

It's called "angle iron" and you buy it in 10 or 20 foot lengths...

You cut it to size and drill it for anchors into the concrete and lag
screws
into the 4x4 beams under the shed...

~~ Evan