Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

In article ,
Vic Smith wrote:
...snipped...
All I know (unless I want to argue) is I change oil at 3-4000 miles
and don't have lube related issues.
The cost of doing that is a drop in the bucket of car ownership costs.
All my recent cars got close to 200k miles before rust made them junk.
No lube issues at all.

All my cars for the last 20 years or so went over 200,000 miles with
6000 mile oil change intervals. My 78 Chevy pickup with original 350
small block V8 was around 270,000 when I finally got rid of it, and
the engine still ran fine. Current 96 Jeep Cherokee has 166,000.