Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Irene damage

There was a lot of speculation about the hype of this hurricane. I live
in downstate NY thirty miles from the long Island sound, so I had no
concern about storm surges. It was windy the night before the storm hit
my area, and it was windy after the storm left. The storm itself, in my
area seemed a non event. I lost power, phone, internet, and useable cell
service the morning the storm hit and just got them back two hours ago.
I have never seen so much tree damage and flooded basements in my life.
Even now, some areas of southern Connecticut have huge outages. All in
all, I think we were very lucky that this storm was only a weak cat1.