Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Sketchup & iPad2 - exciting times!

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 15:11:33 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 2, 6:09*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:58:31 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:
on anymore than I would use a hammer to carve a cufflink.

Okay...("use a hammer to carve a cufflink") in my files/brainpan.

Yeah, me, too. *(You'd use a mallet, not a hammer, right? *

I bought my sweet Angela an iPad2 for finishing her Masters Degree
and I have had a chance to play with it up at the cottage and SO
see the potential to use it as presentation tool. Perfect for that
job. Perfect. But inputting on it? Na... you need 2 big monitors
and keyboards and stuff...

After that it's a simple transfer.

Grok that.

Now what's the problem......?

No problem. You forgot what "grok" meant, dincha? OK, Toysie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok
To grok is to intimately and completely share the same reality or line
of thinking with another physical or conceptual entity. Author Robert
A. Heinlein coined the term in his best-selling 1961 book Stranger in
a Strange Land. In Heinlein's view, grokking is the intermingling of
intelligence that necessarily affects both the observer and the
observed. From the novel:

Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a
part of the observed—to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in
group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion,
philosophy, and science—and it means as little to us (because of our
Earthling assumptions) as color means to a blind man.

That's what I thought, but thanks for putting it out in the open again,
Larry. --
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid