Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sketchup & iPad2 - exciting times!

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:58:31 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 2, 4:04*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 9/2/2011 11:15 AM, Bill wrote:

iPad lacks the computing resources to pull it off. Maybe someday with
"heavily arms" iPads.

You would think woodworkers, of all people, would comprehend using the
right tool for the job.

No one who actually uses one, and is therefore familar with the purposes
for which an iPad is ideally suited, would consider wanting to use
Sketchup on one to "design".

An iPad is an ideal _presentation_ tool. I would not use one to design
on anymore than I would use a hammer to carve a cufflink.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Okay...("use a hammer to carve a cufflink") in my files/brainpan.

Yeah, me, too. (You'd use a mallet, not a hammer, right?

I bought my sweet Angela an iPad2 for finishing her Masters Degree and
I have had a chance to play with it up at the cottage and SO see the
potential to use it as presentation tool. Perfect for that job.
Perfect. But inputting on it? Na... you need 2 big monitors and
keyboards and stuff...

After that it's a simple transfer.

Grok that.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,