Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Leaking Amerigas Propane Tank,--Amazing Service

"SMS" wrote in message
On 9/1/2011 10:07 AM, EXT wrote:

Here, I fill my tanks at a local Costco. They don't charge a flat rate,
they actually measure the amount of gas they put in a tank and charge
for that amount, the equipment shuts off when the tank is full. If I
take several tanks in at the same time the cost can be different for
each tank, although is may be only pennies as they are always empty when
I take them in.

I've never seen a Costco in the Bay Area that does propane refills. Too
bad.

Most of the refill places do charge by the gallon, but they actually
charge less than shows up on the meter, by capping the total cost. The
place I go caps it at $20, even though it would be a bit more for a
completely empty tank.

How much does Costco charge per gallon? I get the feeling that there is a
huge mark-up on propane.

I don't remember the price per litre but it averages about $13.00 per
tankfull.