Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Lawn Sprinkler System?

On 9/1/2011 11:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I am considering installing a lawn sprinkler system, but haven't really
seen the type of system I am looking for.

We are also on a well, and typically can't run more than one sprinkler
at a
time (the kind you connect to a garden hose) without drawing down the
well
and kicking off the pump (our well was rated for 5gpm and handles normal
water usage with no issues).

I'd re-think the whole idea. Why do you feel it is necessary to have
green grass on the hottest days of the summer? Why tax the well any more
than you have to? Depending on where you live and where your water is
coming from, you can overtax a well and run it dry or reduce the quality
of the water or suck up sand. I'd check out that aspect before worrying
about the grass. Green lawn is not a higher priority that washing dishes
and flushing toilets.

There is an abundance of water on the earth, but it is not always where
we want it.

Agree, some of the most attractive landscaping is where they used
locally occurring plants and features such as rock and stone. I always
wondered why having a golf course lawn became a "normal" idea.