Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Rehash please - best non-gas generators

jamesgangnc wrote:

-snip-

What you're forgetting is that 70% of the people out there have no
idea what a generator should cost. They've never had anything to do
with a portable generator. So they are the "suckers" in your free
market. They are in a situation where they can't research prices, no
stores open, no power for the computer, no internet. They have no
idea $1500 is a complete rip off.

so-- They show up at the store the day after a Hurricane and
prioritize. [which they did with their money to buy the things that
the generator will make work- instead of buying the generator last
week]

Is it worth $1500 to them *that* day? Will the guy in line behind
them fork over the cash?

Besides, you right wing nut jobs are all the same, don't regulate
anything, until you get burned personally. Then you suddenly are
concerned. "How did the goverment let that happen to me?

Actually I'm a leftward leaning independent. I'm a diehard,
unashamed Obama supporter. [until this week when they got screwed
trying to 'play the game' instead of taking care of business]

There are a lot of things the Gov't needs to hold businesses
accountable for. Pricing should always be a function of the
market.

Jim