Posted to uk.d-i-y
cdr cdr is offline

Default OT : what kind of modem do I need to get an iPad/iPhone to work?

On Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:40:24 PM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
There are three basic ways ...
(snip)
Or leave the router alone and install a standalone Wireless Access
Point, this will connect to your existing ADSL router via an ethernet
cable (assuming you have a spare port)
(snip)

Thanks very much, for both replies so far. Having thought about all the options, I do like the standalone wireless access point solution the best. This means that I can forget all about my current wired modem/router (which works OK), and simply plug in this new gadget. Hopefully, it will be fairly straight forward to get the iPod to connect to it OK...