Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] knuckle-dragger@nowhere.gov is offline

Default Cement placer

Harry K wrote:

On Sep 1, 2:48*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote

OP hasn't said if his wall is solid brick, concrete block or what.
He did say brick I know but unless it is a very old house it won't be
soldi brick, more like a brick facade.

Harry K

Harry, first line of my original post:

"I'm trying to put a fan into a 12-inch thick brick wall. ..."

The building is about 110 years old and when I say 12-inch thick brick
wall" I mean solid brick. No cavities. I believe there are 3 layers
although I could be wrong about that. Inside the outside brick wall
there are furring strips and then lath and plaster. Sometimes a layer
of sheetrock over them or sometimes lath and sheetrock or sometimes
just sheetrock depending on how I can deal with the door and window
surrounds.