Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Water in the basement

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 21:58:32 -0400, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

Bingo. The ground here is so soaked from all the rain in August, that
this just exacerbated the situation. I had no power so the sump pump
wouldn't run. When I finally got the generator set up and going, my feet
were ankle deep in mud outside. My 2 volleyball courts with poles over
2 feet down, and 160 pounds of cement on each pole could be moved
easily. The ground was supersaturated.

Wow, I guess so!

I don't need to investigate. 12 years not one problem. One wet August
and Irene.... problem.

OK, you probably don't need to do the trenching and insu, but consider
it anyway. It will keep you from having the problem again, it will
make your basement drier and comfy all the time, and it will save you
some on your heating bills.

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca