Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Water in the basement

Bingo. The ground here is so soaked from all the rain in August, that
this just exacerbated the situation. I had no power so the sump pump
wouldn't run. When I finally got the generator set up and going, my feet
were ankle deep in mud outside. My 2 volleyball courts with poles over
2 feet down, and 160 pounds of cement on each pole could be moved
easily. The ground was supersaturated.

I don't need to investigate. 12 years not one problem. One wet August
and Irene.... problem.

On 9/1/2011 12:54 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 05:42:45 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Anyway, I have never had water in the basement before this weekend. It's
a finished basement, sheetrock and insulation. Originally for my son to
play in, then it morphed from a small shop to the whole basement.

How'd it get wet?

Irene????