Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Sketchup & iPad2 - exciting times!

I use an iPad2 daily in my business as a General Contractor, and in
eWoodShop kitchen, cabinetry and furniture jobs.

Many also know that I have also relied on Google Sketchup for a number
of years for design and fabrication in the shop; even building a house
in 2009 where all the construction documents for permitting, bidding and
build, and much of the design except for the foundation plan, were
generated using Sketchup.

Now both of those technologies have been leveraged even further.

This is a shot of my iPad2 this afternoon running a Sketchup model of a
recent shop project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PDQwKyD9AQ

This is something I've been waiting for ... I'm excited!

Just opened up a whole new world for presentations. AAMOF, I've got a
meeting in the morning on a prospective kitchen job and guess what's
going with me!

For more information, and uses for other 3CAD programs:

http://www.3dvia.com/

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010