Posted to uk.d-i-y
JMB JMB is offline

Default OT : what kind of modem do I need to get an iPad/iPhone to work?

On Sep 1, 5:40*pm, Andy Burns wrote:
cdr wrote:
My sister lives in Oz and my mother is poorly ATM, and so it seems like a good way for them to keep in touch. *Currently, we have a basic TalkTalk broadband account, and we access the net using a desktop PC with a wired modem/router. *I understand that iPad/iPhones use wireless wi-fi, but that's all I know.

Do I just need to get any wireless modem (is this the same as a personal wi-fi hotspot?), and then just simply use our existing TalkTalk broadband package for the iPad/iPhone "data usage". *Thanks a lot for any comments..

There are three basic ways ...

This is the simplest way -

Replace your current router with a wireless one. TalkTalk will provide
one for £30-40. (If you know what you are doing you can buy one
cheaper / get a better one and set it up yourself).