Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_8_] G. Morgan[_8_] is offline

Default Leaking Amerigas Propane Tank,--Amazing Service

George wrote:

I asked about the quick response
and they said any reported leaks were broadcast by the dispatcher and
all nearby workers were required to stop what they were doing and go to
the location.

Ah hah. Now I remember, the Centerpoint guy said the same thing.

This one in particular I'm thinking of, I may have saved the families
lives. The leak was on the gas heater in the attic, and the emergency
pilot light extinguisher engaged. As soon as I pulled down the attic
stairs in the scuttle hole I smelled it. I went up for a few seconds to
see if I could determine where it was coming from, but immediately
descended and told the customer to call the gas company. I closed the
hatch and we waited outside. He was there faster than I've seen
ambulances respond.

The gas guy said it was a *very* dangerous situation and it's a good
thing he called.