Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Cement placer

On Sep 1, 2:48*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote

I defy _you_ to use cold chisels and make a neat hole through an
existing wall either brick or block.

If you only use cold chisels perhaps not however masonry bits drilling
a succession of holes around the perimeter help keep it round.

That makes it "sort of" round. *There will be a serrated or scalloped edge
to it. *Varying with the bit diameter, the hole can easily be too large or
too small depending on where you place the tip of the bit when you drill.
Not to mention the bit must be held very straight or the hole on the
opposite side will be a mess.

It is probably one of the better methods, but still has a lot of potential
for problems.

I tried that method going through the "cavity" section of a block
wall. Still came out with a very rough hole and way oversize. That
was with a 1/2" homeowner "hammer drill". I'll never try that again.
It may be possible by renting a hammer drill with both drill and
chisel bits though.

OP hasn't said if his wall is solid brick, concrete block or what.
He did say brick I know but unless it is a very old house it won't be
soldi brick, more like a brick facade.

Harry K