Posted to rec.woodworking
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

In article ,
says...
"Morgans" writes:
"Hoosierpopi" wrote

So I took it back to Lowes and traded it for another. After about
fifteen more pickets - it snapped in half! I'm on my third blade and
planning on taking it back, as well as the second broken blade.

Neither broke at the weld seam.

OK, what I'm looking to learn is the brand of Band Saw Blade I can
depend upon and a source or two for same.

Betcha the blades are made in China. China steel and accurate heat treating
sucks. Find better blades.

Like everything else, you get what you pay for. China makes perfectly good
steel (the steel for the signature tower of the bay bridge is from China). China
also makes cheap goods for purchase by cheap consumers in the US with lower
quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Poorly-Made-China-Insiders-
Production/dp/0470928077/ref=cm_cr_dp_orig_subj