Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lennox vs. Amana

On 8/31/2011 7:31 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I wonder what is this "bleeding over". I've not heard that
term, before.

Please consider call a different tech, get a second opinion.

He may mean the valves are leaking if it's a piston compressor.
The high pressure safety bypass valve that's internal can also
get stuck open. I've seen internal leaks develop inside hermetic
compressors from valves and even cracked pipes. I like semi-hermetic
compressors because I can replace the valves and open the the things
up and flush the crankcase if needed. Years ago, there were companies
that actually ground the welds off of hermetic compressors, opened
them up and rebuilt them. I even bought rebuilt 25" picture tubes
for replacement in TV sets back in the 1970's. Darn, a lot of stuff used
to be rebuilt or remanufactured. ^_^

TDD