Posted to alt.home.repair
Dwight Dwight is offline

Default Good finish for stripped walnut chairs?

I am not sure what you mean by lacquer, as here seem to be different
kinds. Can you give me a brand name, or some hints for how to shop? Thanks.

ChairMan wrote:

"Dwight" wrote in message

I have stripped two walnut dining room chairs from an old time wood bending
shop in North Carolina - not a complete restoration job, but enough to show
the character of the wood and look good in our cabin.

I have thought in terms of a few coats of an oil finish. Here in Seattle
we have Pro Fin which I have used on living room chairs, but I dont like
it that much because it chalks up with age and has to be redone.

1. What oil finishes would you recommend?

2. Is the Minwax Polycrylic worth considering?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight

I would just clear coat with lacquer.
jmo