Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:13:53 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote

Please tell me how changing the oil too often is not good for the engine.

There's some guys out there believe slightly dirty oil is better -
they think the detergent package is "too agrssive". No credible
evidence to support the theory.

They may be correct if you suddenly put a good detergent oil in a '53 Chevy
in-line 6.

And not even then if the engine is freshened up first. (and an oil
filter installed - since to the best of my recollection the filter
wasn't standard on the 235 stove-bolt)