Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:24:52 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 8/28/2011 9:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Hoosierpopi" wrote

Unfortunately, we are done with the major BS cutting operation (last
eight pickets done today) so cannot test the TW against the same
amount of work as was put to the Bosch blades (three broke all told -
Lowes took 'em back).

Given the reputation for quality Bosch has, I'm really surprised you had
the problem with three blades. They may have all been from the same
batch. Makes me wonder if something was missed in the heat treating of
that batch.

I generally like Bosch tools but I have a palm sander that has never held the
paper. It's particularly bad with 220 paper.

Don't be fooled into thinking that everything that a reputable company
markets is great, I would suspect that even Festool has some stinkers.

Like their price sheet? ;-)