Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 8/30/2011 8:53 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:08:56 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

On a related note: I saw an ad for Stanley -carbide- utility knife
blades. Anyone use any yet? What do you think?

Years ago I switched over to the long blades that you break the point
off to reveal a new point. Much faster.