Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 8/30/2011 7:54 PM, CW wrote:
On 8/30/2011 11:07 AM, Leon wrote:

Was in Harley heaven country all weekend ... Ozarks in central Arkansas
... and wishing, once again, that I had replaced my Sportster after it
had been stolen some 30 years ago.

Borrow or rent one on a rainy day, the though of that always keeps my,
"getting yet another bike", wishes in check.

Or, you could do what I did. June 16 of this year, I was riding my Dyna
when some fool in a car wanted my lane and didn't seem to care that it
was occupied. I really don't remember much until I was on the ground
sliding along watching my bike ahead of me. When it bounced of the curb
HARD, I thought, "this is going to be expensive.
After coming to a stop, I started to check myself out. Everything was
fine until I lifted my left leg. The lower part of the leg had a curve
in it and my foot was pointed in the wrong direction. The doctor quit
counting pieces of knee and bone at 60. At this point, a wheelchair is
my main transportation. Doctor seems to think that I should be walking
by the end of September.

Damn CW, is that where you have been??? I only laid a bike down once.
I forgot to put the kick stand up and while turning left and exiting a
sandy spot in our parking lot I went over with the bike. My left foot
was busy kicking the stand up and was not available to catch my self and
the bike. I was doing about 4 mph and felt like an idiot.