Posted to misc.consumers.house
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Loose fill or batting when replacing insulation after water damage?

In article ,
(Jonathan Kamens) wrote:

b) It'll in fact be harder for us to reinstall cellulose,
because if we do it before the new drywall is put up, it's
awfully hard to get the cellulose to stay in (what are we
going to do, carefully stack it one piece at a time? :-), and
if we do it after the new drywall is up, we need specialty
insulation-blowing equipment that the painting / drywall guys
are not likely to have.

you could install plastic vapor barrier and blow the cellulose in from the very
top, then tape any holes