Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B[_2_] Michael B[_2_] is offline

Default Rehash please - best non-gas generators

On Aug 30, 7:46*pm, Han wrote:
Smitty Two wrote innews
In article ,
*Han wrote:

Because this generator wouldn't be needed very often at all, I am
thinking of a propane system, not gasoline, but I'm open to all.

Didn't see it mentioned in this particular thread, but may have missed
it: When this topic has come up before, some have advocated diesel, as
it has a much longer storage life than gasoline.

Thanks, again, all advice will be taken into consideration. *Because of
dear Irene, there are no generators available around here now, so I will
have time to consider everything ...

--
Best regards
Han

Most of the generators say they can be used for forced air fans, but
they stop short of saying they can be used on a relatively new
furnace.
That control board is very vulnerable. And running it off of an
inverter/
battery combo, which would be less vulnerable to voltage fluctuations
and generator spikes may also be an issue.