Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Ed Huntress. Howzit?

On Aug 30, 9:32*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Before spending the money, I would run the numbers on amps needed for
how long.

Did that. The Harbor Freight pump only uses 50 watts and pumps about
200 gallons an hour. There is no need to pump very much. The
existing 120 volt sump pump only runs about 30 seconds every three or
four minutes when there has been some serious rain. Has not run at
all in the last couple of days.

Moving hundreds/thousands of water over days takes serious amps.

Those little generators running sump pumps for days will be reaching
the end of their design lives soon.

The generator I have is one I bought from a guy moving to Florida. It
is a belt driven unit so although the generator runs at 3600 rpm the
engine does not have to. The generator should last for years in
constant use. The engine not so long, but it is replaceable.

Best approach is not to have a basement to have to pump out.

I have attached drain lines to all the downspouts except for one.
That one runs under the deck and attaching a drain line is a bit of
work. But should get that done this next month. Then I will be very
close to not having a basement that needs to be pumped out.

Dan

TMT