Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Heinisch scissors and New Jersey USA

On Aug 30, 6:07*pm, David Billington
wrote:
I was talking with an antique restorer I know here in the UK earlier
today and she was doing some upholstery with a very nice pair of
scissors. On close inspection they were made by Heinisch in Newark New
Jersey and appeared to be in very good condition. A brief search seems
to say that Heinisch was taken over by Wiss around 1915 so these
scissors are potentially quite old but in very good condition. She
acquired them from a house clearance sale some years ago. The earlier
search seemed to show that Wiss made scissors identical to the Heinisch
from the pics I found so maybe they kept on making the same tools with a
different makers name, that happens sometimes and other times the old
makers name is continued. Any ideas what happened in this case. Also I
have a set of Wiss aviation snips, is this the same company?.

I also have a pair of Wiss scissors. I always assumed it was the same
company as the tin snips - I'd be surprised to learn otherwise.

As an aside, I saw video on the news this week of people riding Jet
Skis in the streets of Newark New Jersey after the hurricane.