Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default Airman quits job, says Obama's birth certificate is fake

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:02:43 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:37:58 +0700, john B.
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 05:41:40 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:05:04 +0700, john B.
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:08:20 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

On 8/28/2011 5:36 AM, john B. wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 19:26:28 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

On 8/27/2011 6:12 AM, ATP wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

"Obama's Fake wrote in message
An Air Force staff sergeant based in Germany says he's been AWOL
since last week because he read on the Internet that President
Barack Obama's long form birth certificate is a fraud.

Inspired by fellow birther, Army doctor Terrence Lakin, Staff
Sgt. Daryn J. Moran has plastered the Internet with the news
that he's deserting his post as an ophthalmology technician
overseas.

'Sounds like the dude has some prison time coming.

--
Ed Huntress
Not enough, unfortunately. Desertions and bogus claims of military service

Military justice has been and remains an oxymoron. Case in point;
William Calley convicted of leading the massacre of hundreds of
civilians in My Lai, Vietnam. Sentenced to 40 months imprisonment; of
which most of it was spent in his quarters on a military base in Georgia.

So if all they do to you for massacring hundreds of people is what
Calley got then you can expect that same kind of lack of justice
throughout the entire system.

Hawke

Actually Calley was convicted of killing 22 people. Not hundreds.

Cheers,

John B.

We don't give a hoot what the man was "convicted" of. We know what he
did. He lead a massacre of hundreds of civilian old men, women, and
children. His punishment was so far below the level of the crime it's a
joke. Which just proves my point; the words justice and military never
ought to be used in the same sentence.

Hawke

Yes! And Gunner appears to advocate the culling of the political left
- ****! Lets get him too. And that damned guy from N.J. who keeps
researching things and poking holes in the best political theories.
What the hell, we know they are bad people lets just toss them in the
Hoosegow; don't need no damned trial, just get 'um.

What the hell; lets not even bother with a trial and all that
foolishness, just send the boys around and knock on the door. Shoot
'um right there on the doorstep.

Getting me..may take a great deal more than you would imagine.

As for Lets shoot em right at the door...who is the We you are referring
to?

If its the Leftwing...they are already the walking dead. If its the
rightwing....they will do far more than a merciful bullet.

Interesting that a bloke who claims so much education can't seem to
understand the benefits of a legal system.

And, by the way, Calley was charged with 22 counts of murder,
convicted, and sentenced to life imprisonment.
Cheers,

John B.

And he was let out of prison in about 3 yrs. Odd that, eh?

Is he still around?

Gunner

He petitioned the federal district court for habeas corpus on February
11, 1974, which was granted on September 25, 1974, along with his
immediate release, by federal judge J. Robert Elliott. Judge Elliott
found that Calley's trial had been prejudiced by pretrial publicity,
denial of subpoenas of certain defense witnesses, refusal of the
United States House of Representatives to release testimony taken in
executive session of its My Lai investigation, and inadequate notice
of the charges.

Subsequently, , President Nixon issued Calley a limited Presidential
Pardon. His general court-martial conviction and dismissal from the
U.S. Army were upheld, however, the prison sentence and subsequent
parole obligations were commuted to time served.

Cheers,

John B.

Yes indeed. Time served. 3 yrs of a life sentence.

Seems like Calley took the best deal he could get..and the courts were
more than happy to give him one.

And you dont consider that to be in the slightest bit odd.....?

VBG

Gunner

Not odd at all. Calley was a ****-up. some of his people referred to
him as a "kid playing at soldiers".
The company commander had briefed the troops to "that the women and
children would be out of the hamlet and all they could expect to
encounter would be the enemy. The soldiers were to explode brick
homes, set fire to thatch homes, shoot livestock, poison wells, and
destroy the enemy.

The assault was to be made by the 1st and 2nd platoon with the 3rd
held in reserve. Thus the 1st & 2nd platoons were first into the
village. Subsequent reports were that the 1st platoon kill between 90
and 120 Vietnamese, the 2nd platoon killed 60 - 70 Vietnamese and the
3rd platoon who followed the first two platoons into the village were
said to have killed 7 - 12 women and kids.

During the entire assault there was no communication failure between
the platoons and the company commander who was in communication with
the Task Force Commander who was in a "command helicopter" during the
assault.

Some of the first mention of killing civilians came form the gun ship
pilots so apparently the terrain was open enough that aircraft could
observe what was going on.

So here we have an affair involving the possibility that civilians
were deliberately killed and the command structure seems to be two Lts
plus one who was a "****-up". The company commander was on the
fast-track for major and the task force commander, a Lt. Col., in
direct and visual command of the operation.

Anyone who spent much time in the service knows what happened, the
wolves were catching up with the sleigh so the chucked the least
valuable passenger overboard, and it is likely that the president knew
too, thus his rather unique pardon.

Cheers,

John B.