Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Question

The 12 gage cord is only needed if the generator is being
used on full power. Please read the manual for the weed
whacker. I suspect it (weed whacker) is using much less than
5,000 watts. So, the smaller cord is fine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dottie" wrote in message

I did the unthinkable -- I went in and dug out the papers
that came
with the generator after I posted. It is a Troy Built 5000
watts and
further down the page it says Cord Set Gauge 12.

And I do remember seeing cords in Walmart and getting the 14
gauge
thinking they would be stronger. Live and learn. I will
have to go
shopping again.