Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

"Hoosierpopi" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 10:52 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Makes me wonder if something was missed in the heat treating of that
batch.

Well, they all were from the same rack in the same store.

Having said that, I may have contributed to the failures as I am a
novice with this machine and band saws in general. I did find that, at
some point, blades had worn ruts in the steel guides and the round
bearings behind the blade were not properly aligned. I found these
problems one after the other after each blade broke and, the last
after installing the timber wolf blade.

Only time will tell if these adjustments and the new blade cure the
problem and acquit the Bosch blades.

May Paul Harvey RIP. "and now you know the rest of the story"

You just acquitted the blades.

Properly set up, nothing wears grooves. Improperly set up, blades will
break.