Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Ed Huntress. Howzit?

On Aug 29, 9:57*pm, rangerssuck wrote:

I've thought about that (battery sump pump), too. It ought to be
pretty easy to find, say, a 12V (or maybe 24V?) bilge pump. I don't
know anything about boats, but I can't imagine that such a thing would
be uncommon. *Add a couple of forklift batteries and a float charger,
and you're in business.

Harbor Freight has a couple of 12 volt pumps.

See http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...pump-9576.html

They may not be the best choice, but ought to work. I would think a
forklift battery would be over kill. I am thinking more along the
lines of being able to connect it to my truck battery when the weather
is predicted to be bad. I have connected drain pipe to the downspouts
so all the water is not dumped close to the house, so the sump pump
does not have to be very robust.

Dan