Posted to alt.home.repair

Default garage door opener

On Aug 29, 4:41*pm, ransley wrote:
On Aug 29, 2:22*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Aug 29, 3:11*pm, ransley wrote:

I have a Liftmaster 1991 1/3 hp opener, it reverses when it hits
bottom, I tightened the chain and have tried playing with down force
and reducing the travel adjustments but have had no luck even backing
off travel maybe 3 turns, any ideas? Could it be broken to the point
it cant be adjusted and needs replacing, *liftmaster doesnt support
earlier than 93 model year.

I'd open it up and look at the travel adjustment. *If it's like mine
it has plastic screws that moves where little switches are tripped.
Switch probably isn't closing. *I can adjust mine to stop inches
before the bottom, which I do sometimes to leave a cat opening. *These
old ones do not have the safety beams so they use excess force to
reverse. *If it thinks it has not reached the bottom because the
bottom limit switch is bad it will reverse when it can't go down any
more.

You are right the stop switch is broke, the plastic holding the metal
bar broke,
What to do. I could glue it, what glue would hold?- Hide quoted text -

Use small machine screw or contact any garage door opener firm with
make and model and see if they will sell you the part.