Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default OT Who changes their motor oil at 3000 miles?

In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:

They are not stainless, they are aluminized steel. Stainless is a
terrible material for exhaust systems. Cracks too easy.

There ARE stainless steel exhaust systems available. I have personal
experience with their application for at least 15 years now. In my
29 years experience as a fleet mechanic, supervisor, and manager,
I have observed no tendency for stainless exhaust systems to crack
at any greater frequency than non-stainless systems. An appropriate type
of stainless steel is an excellent material for exhaust systems.