Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT. Turds in Iowa.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

Go ahead and organize a picket line calling for the release of Capone
and Snipes.

Those guys worked VERY hard to get thrown in jail. The IRS isn't stupid.
They know that the Feds don't make any money putting someone in jail, in
fact it costs them. Snipes isn't making movies, isn't earning income and
may not have any money left to pay them with. Actors are notorious for
being some of the worst money managers on earth. If he had hired Ronnie
Deutch, he might have been able to claim "ineffective counsel" on appeal.
Is there anything lower than scamming someone already deep in debt to the
IRS for another few thousand dollars. We may see Ronnie Lynn do some
Federal time. She's someone that qualifies, like Snipes, for the "make an
example out of them" treatment.

The IRS only puts natural born criminals and incredibly stupid people who

want to be
criminals in jail.

According to this site the risks of jail are small:

http://www.taxattorneydaily.com/topi...tax-crimes.php

It is a crime to cheat on your taxes. In a recent year, however, fewer
than 2,000 people were convicted of tax crimes -0.0022% of all taxpayers.
This number is astonishingly small, taking into account that the IRS
estimates that 15.5% of us are not complying with the tax laws in some way
or another. The number of convictions for tax crimes has increased less than
1% over the most recent five-year period.

They only want to punish the brazen assholes who openly flaunt their
evasion. There are plenty of those around. I am sure some here would love
to not pay the percent of their tax dollars that fund wars, welfare,
universal health insurance, etc. And every year the IRS gets the returns of
the (what did you call them, DG? - ah yes) whackadoos and moonbats that
decide to make their Stand on Zanzibar and no longer pay for what they find
distasteful. I think the 2,000 is low considering over 15% are out of
compliance that they KNOW about.

Deadbeats all. And a cop can jack you up against a car drive a knee in

your nuts
if that's what you want.

God, I love to watch Cops when they arrest a "street educated"
Constitutional lawyer. You KNOW that bad boy's going to jail. You can just
watch them work their way deeper and deeper into the shi+. Hooking them up
usually quiets them down a bit, but not all of them. One day, I would like
to see: "Cops, what you don't see on Fox." I've witnessed a lot of arrests
in my life and the ones they show on cops are ultra-polite, by the book,
every chance to go easy offered and reoffered.

Not true about non-gov creditors having your ass in jail either.
http://www.startribune.com/investigators/95692619.html

Fascinating. I wonder if this has more to do with the fact that a shocking
large percentage of judges out in the boonies are not lawyers, just elected
shlubs, and they know less about the law than some of our esteemed
colleagues. If you're getting jailed for CC debt, you probably can't afford
a lawyer to get you out. I am mailing the article to my
lawyer/sister/former DA/judge to get her comment on this, which is SURELY
unconstitutional as I understand it!

In January, a judge sentenced a Kenney, Ill., man "to indefinite
incarceration" until he came up with $300 toward a lumber yard debt.

That sounds like it rises to the level of judicial misconduct or at least
violation of the state's sentencing guidelines. Way back when I was a
reporter, we had a District Judge sentence a habitual DWI driver to death,
jokingly. The joke was on him because the guy fainted, bashed his head on
the corner of the desk on the way down, bled all over everywhere (those
headwounds bleed like crazy) and sustained a concussion. The judge earned a
judicial reprimand from the same judge who heard my appeal in the State
Police drag racing case and who is my sister's boss.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Two thousand convictions just about matches the rate of loons per general
population. I'm of the impression Snipes crossed over into loonytown. Too
many superhero roles, I guess. He reminded me at trial of that baby-f&cker
Jeffers, who was arguing about religious persecution and not presenting any
valid legal defense at trial. GUILTY! - Next case!

Look up "mechanics lien" before you deadbeat a contractor.

Don't stiff your car mechanic either or you could find a surprise when you
go to sell your car, and not a good one, either. The rule is you have to
pay THEM and then sue for it back if they did a lousy job. Stiffing them is
seen as "self help" by judges who take great offense at having their role
usurped.

--
Bobby G.